What does commercial roofing mean?
Commercial roofing is the construction, repair, and maintenance of roofs on commercial buildings. Commercial buildings can be office buildings, shopping malls, warehouses, and other types of businesses that are not houses. Roofs on homes are considered residential roofs.
What is the difference between residential and commercial roofing?
Commercial roofing has several differences from residential roofing, including the size and complexity of the roof, the types of roofing materials used, and the installation and maintenance requirements.
The size and complexity of the roof are one of the main differences. Commercial roofs are often larger and more complex than residential roofs. They also may have more complex shapes and slopes. This can make commercial roofing more expensive and time-consuming to install and repair.
Commercial roofing requires more durable and long-lasting materials, such as built-up roofing (BUR), thermoplastic olefin (TPO), and metal roofing, which can withstand the demands of a commercial building. Residential roofs are often made of more affordable and lightweight materials, such as asphalt shingles, wood shakes, and composite shingles.
Commercial roofs require more maintenance and repair than residential roofs and may need to be inspected and maintained more frequently. When damages occur they may also read more extensive repairs.
Commercial roofs tend to be more complex and expensive than residential roofs, but it is also more durable and long-lasting.
What roof is typically used in commercial roofing?
Commercial roofing materials vary depending on the business owner’s needs. The different roofing materials used include:
• Built-up roofing (BUR) is a type of roofing material that is created by multiple layers of asphalt and reinforcing fabrics. It is a durable and cost-effective option that is commonly used on low-sloped or flat roofs.
• Thermoplastic olefin (TPO) is a synthetic rubber roofing material that is durable, energy-efficient, and cost-effective. It can be easily welded or heat-sealed to create a seamless membrane. It is ideal for flat or low-sloped commercial roofs.
• Metal roofing is a highly durable and long-lasting and option that is often used on commercial buildings. It is available in a variety of materials, including steel, aluminum, and copper, and can be installed in a variety of styles.
• Single-ply membranes, such as PVC and EPDM, are flexible sheets of synthetic material that are used to cover the roof. They are durable, easy to install, and resistant to UV radiation and extreme temperatures.
• Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) is a type of foam roofing that is applied as a continuous layer of insulation. It is durable, energy-efficient, and easy to install, making it a popular choice for commercial roofing.
The best roofing material for your commercial building will depend on factors such as the roof slope, the climate, the building’s design, and your budget. Call us today to schedule a free roof inspection or consultation and our team of experts will get you started.
Get your commercial roof with Fiddler Roofing.
You invest in people, training and equipment for your business. Are you investing in your roof? A durable commercial roof in New Mexico needs to stand up to intense UV, hail storms and high winds.
If your roof is 10+ years old, you may want to schedule a free roof inspection with Jack and his team of experts. Even if you can’t see visible damage from the ground, an old roof can have damage from sun, wind, and hail. If you don’t fix your roof issues right away they can lead to interior damage and more expensive and time-consuming repairs.
Fiddler’s Roofing is the best choice for your New Mexico business’ roof. We do free roof inspections, roof repairs, roof restorations, and complete roof replacements.
Our expert roofing team will examine your roofing needs, educate you on our processes and recommend what is best for your business based on your needs and budget.
The Fiddler Roofing promise.
We use only the finest materials that are built to last through New Mexico’s demanding climate and conditions. We not only provide a materials warranty, but also a labor warranty that you won’t find anywhere else. Not only will a Fiddler Roofing roof protect your business, it will save you money in the long run and make your building look more attractive to your customers.
Contact Fiddler Roofing for all your roofing needs. Give us a call and schedule a free roof inspection and we will help you with any repairs your business’ roof may need.