New Mexico Roof Care and Maintenance
Care and Maintenance Plan:
Fiddler’s Roofing 10-Year Care & Maintenance Plan is setting a new standard for roofers in Albuquerque, Santa Fe and all of New Mexico. We provide this plan with every roof we install to show that we stand behind our quality.
In an industry with too many shady contractors who don’t stand behind their work, our 10-Year Care & Maintenance Plan lets homeowners, business owners, property managers, and homeowner’s associations live worry-free. Our roofing technicians will annually inspect the roof and perform corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance.
After each Annual Roof Inspection, we will meet with you personally to discuss what repairs (if any) were necessary. We will also furnish you with a copy of our Annual Roof Inspection Report for your records.
Annual Roof Care and Maintenance Checklist
- Examine the roof for any cracking, tearing, damaged, granules, etc
- Check the building envelope for indications of shifting. Structural movement can lead to cracks, which can result in separation of the roofing system.
- Examine all rooftop equipment and penetrations. Make certain all equipment is properly attached or anchored so they do not move excessively. Excessive movement of rooftop equipment may create roof problems. Excessive movement may damage the equipment. Damaged equipment may leak materials onto the roof. (oils, gas, acids, solvents, etc.) which could damage the roofing system.
- Remove debris such as leaves, branches, dirt, algae, stones, etc. that have accumulated on the roof.
- Clean all gutters, scuppers, downspouts, drains, and surrounding areas. Make certain the flow of water is not restricted and the roof has positive drainage.
- Examine metal flashing for rusting and attachment. Flashings may be loosened by high winds, excessive traffic or inconsiderate trades.
- Examine all adjoining roof areas or areas abutting the roof area. Damaged metal flashing, damaged masonry, loose caulking, bad mortar joints, and loose stone or tile coping caps may lead to damage of the roofing system.
- Examine the edge of the roof. This area of the roof is the first line of defense for the roof system in high winds.